General Parking at Palisades Tahoe
All of our general parking is free at both Palisades and Alpine.
In The Village at Palisades Tahoe, we offer 4,200 free, general parking spaces on a first-come, first-serve basis. Follow directional signage when you arrive. We also have a Carpool Parking Lot for groups of 3 or more.
THE ALPINE LODGE BASE AREA
Alpine offers 1,825 free, general parking spaces on a first-come, first-serve basis. Overflow parking is available in the Hidden Valley lot on 89 and in the Deer Park lot off of Alpine Meadows Rd. On days when these lots are in use, Shuttles are available to bring guests between the Alpine Lodge and their vehicles.
Quick Tips for Parking
- Arrive early, especially on weekends and holidays. If you want a full day of skiing and snowboarding, aim to be here by 8am to ensure you get a spot.
- Use the Palisades Tahoe Mobile App to check the status of our parking lots.
- Follow the Palisades Tahoe Mountain Ops Twitter for real-time updates on parking.
Frequently Asked Questions about Parking
WHAT TIME SHOULD I LEAVE IN THE MORNING TO ENSURE GETTING A SPOT?
It depends on the day, but early is always better, especially on pow days. Please carpool as much as possible! Plus, carpooling will grant you access to our premium parking areas if you arrive early enough.
HOW MUCH DOES PARKING COST?
- All General Parking is free at both Alpine and Palisades base areas.
- If you want to guarantee a spot, a limited amount of prepaid parking (75 spaces) is available at the Alpine Lodge. These premium spaces cost $40 in advance or $50 the day of. We recommend booking online in advance as day-of availability is not guaranteed.
- The Village at Palisades Tahoe also has a seasonal preferred parking pass available. These typically go on sale in the spring and sell out quickly.
WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO FIND OUT IF PARKING LOTS ARE FULL OR NOT?
Download the Palisades Tahoe App and check our Parking Lot Status feature. You should also enable push notifications so that you can get parking alerts when you are in the Tahoe area. Also, follow the Mountain Ops Twitter. This is an active, responsive account that keeps tabs on parking availability.
DO YOU OFFER OVERNIGHT PARKING?
There is no overnight parking allowed in the lots at Alpine or Palisades at this time, per Placer County regulations.
DO YOU HAVE RV PARKING?
We do not offer RV parking at this time.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY FOR PREPAID PARKING AT ALPINE?
Prepaid Parking is fully refundable until 3pm the day before your reservation. Failure to show will result in a full charge.