Best Spring Skiing Conditions in Tahoe
Come experience the combination of frequent snow and California sunshine, the perfect spring skiing weather. At the Spring Skiing Capital you'll find soft bumps, coveted groomed terrain, perfect corn snow, and smooth landings.
Spring Skiing Insider's Blog rich-text
At the Spring Skiing Capital you can hit the ski slopes in the morning, paddleboard on Lake Tahoe in the afternoon, and go for a bike cruise along the Truckee River in the evening.
View Multi-Sport Itinerary rich-text
Après on Sun Decks & Outdoor dining
There is only way to do après at the Spring Skiing Capital and that’s with an ice cold beverage on a sun deck or patio soaking up the California sunshine.
View 2021 Spring Apres Guide rich-text
Theme Dress-Up Months
Get into the Spring spirit by adding some flair to your ski wardrobe! April is Retro month at the Spring Skiing Capital, so grab your skinny skis, neon onesies, gaiters, and polyester. With even warmer temps, May is officially Luau month--hit the slopes in a Hawaiian shirt or bathing suit. rich-text
Spring dealsScore one of these sweet deals at the Spring Skiing Capital!
Top Spring Experiences
#springskiingcapitalShare your favorite #springskiingcapital photos and videos with us on Instagram & Twitter through May 9 for a weekly chance to win a GoPro HERO9, Oakley sunglasses, Smartwool socks, a Phunkshun neck tube, Honey Stingers, and a Yeti Rambler. The 6 weekly winners will be entered to win the Grand Prize of a Yeti cooler, Oakley goggles, and a 2021-22 Ikon Base Pass. Get to sharing!
#SpringSkiingCapital Official Contest Rules
#SpringSkiingCapital Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows® Ski Resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins March 28, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on May 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #SpringSkiingCapital Contest you must post an original photo or video taken of Squaw Valley ski resort or Alpine Meadows ski resort during the 2020-21 season and tag #SpringSkiingCapital using one of the two outlets:
Photos must have been taken at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows and have the #SpringSkiingCapital tag. Photos and videos tagged #SpringSkiingCapital on Twitter or Instagram will be posted here: squawalpine.com/spring-skiing-capital
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS. All photos and videos submitted to Sponsor as part of the Contest become the property of Sponsor with all of the rights granted herein. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged or mislaid, howsoever caused.
By entering the Contest, you represent, acknowledge, and warrant that the submitted photograph or video is an original work created solely by the you, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your photo!
You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation or other consideration for your photo or any use made of your photo once submitted directly or posted to Sponsor’s website.
The photograph must not, as determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/tweets; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER(S)IN #SpringSkiingCapital CONTEST. Weekly winners will be selected by Sponsor among all entries for that week (Monday-Sunday) and will be chosen every Sunday from April 4 – May 9, 2021. Each entrant in the contest can only win the weekly prize for a posted photo or video once. Weekly winners will be awarded their respective prize, so long as the respective entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. All weekly winners are automatically entered to win the Grand Prize. Grand prize winner will be selected through fan voting from May 10-16, 2021. Voting will be posted here: squawalpine.com. Daily voting will occur from May 10-16, 2021and the content with the most fan votes will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. Any entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor at any time without notice.
8. PRIZES.Six (6) Weekly Prize Packages one (1) per week only): (1) pair of Oakley sunglasses (value approx. $100), (1) pair of Smartwool socks (value approx. $30), (1) Phunkshun neck tube (value approx. $25), (1) box of Honey Stinger waffles (value approx. $23), (1)Yeti Rambler Coffee Cup (value approx. $30), and(1) GoPro HERO 9 (value approx. $400). Grand Prize Winner will be awarded (1) pair of Oakley goggles (value approx. $150), (1) YETI cooler (value approx. $300), and (1) 2021-22 Ikon Base Season Pass (value approx. $729).
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor.
9. WINNER SELECTION. Weekly Winner will be selected by Sponsor based on photo or video quality and originality among all entries during the period, March 28 through May 9, 2021. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) will be notified on Instagram or Twitter within ten (10) days following the end of each entry period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process. All prizes must be claimed within seven days of notification.
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a photo or video, you grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
13. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, you agree to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, GoPro, Oakley, Yeti, Ikon, Phunkshun, Honey Stinger, or Smartwool.
14. CHOICE OF LAW. YOU AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
15. WINNERS LIST. For name of weekly winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope after Mmay 9, 2021 but before September 30, 2021, to Sponsor at New Near, New Start Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Tracy Chang, PO Box 2007, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.