JOIN THE PALISADES TAHOE TEAM!
Are you ready to have the best summer of your life? Work alongside California’s best and most expansive terrain in our vibrant, enthusiastic community. You'll get all sorts of perks (free skiing, anyone?) and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Perks & Benefits Include:
- Most jobs start at $20/hour
- Tipped positions such as bartenders and servers start at $17/hour
- Full-time, part-time, & on-call staff ski FREE at 14 iconic resorts
- Season Passes for eligible dependents, valid at 14 iconic resorts
- Free Aerial Tram access
- Retail discounts
- Restaurant discounts
Featured JobsLearn more about some of our most exciting summer opportunities.
WORK IN FOOD & BEVERAGE AT PALISADES TAHOE
Do you want to hone in your culinary or service skills while working in a fun team environment and living in the mountains? Join our Food & Beverage Team at Palisades Tahoe! rich-text, responsive-table
Benefits of being in Food & Beverage
- Tipped positions such as bartenders & servers start at $17/hour. Other jobs start at $20/hour.
- Ability to learn and grow within different areas of F&B
- Learn valuable culinary skills
- Competitive resort wages
- Free "Family Meal" lunch daily
- Meet new and exciting people in a fun team environment
- Wide variety of foodservice venues to choose from
- Flexible hours
Some of our current openings
- Cooks (entry and experience positions available)
- Support Staff
- Sous Chefs
- Banquet Team Member
- Supervisor & Manager positions
Benefits of being in Retail
- Starts at $19/hr
- Full- and Part-Time hours available
- Opportunities with 8 unique retail brands
- Interact with guests from all over the world
- Potential to work in a year-round business unit
Apply Now rich-text, responsive-table
Benefits of being in Recreation
- Starts at $20/hr
- Full- and Part-Time hours available
- Engage with guests of all ages, helping to inspire adventure
- Promote summer fun in the Sierra working with a diverse team.
Apply Now rich-text, responsive-table
Employee Perks & Benefits
- FREE season pass for team members and their legal dependents* with skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- FREE season pass for team members and their legal dependents based on full/part time/occasional hire status and maintained hours worked.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets.
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Palisades and Alpine.
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more.
- FREE rentals Monday-Thursday. Holidays and weekend blackouts apply.
- Pro forum memberships: tons of name brands available at discounted prices.
- Hotel & Lodging discounts: Discounted hotel rooms at the Village at Palisades Tahoe, additional lodging discounts offered at Mammoth Mountain.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Live Health Online $59 copay per visit – visit with a doctor 24/7 with your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Full-Time Year-Round Employee benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) policy for eligible employees.
- Health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term & long-term disability insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Apply online
- Almost all of the recruiting process is electronic, so make sure to use an email you have access to. When you click on a job you are interested in, you can either register a new account or login if you’ve already created an account.
- Once you create an account, your information will be saved so you can apply to multiple jobs.
- Once you apply online, the hiring manager will review your application and reach out by email or phone if they think you may be a good fit.
- When our jobs are posted:
- Summer jobs are typically posted in April/May.
- Winter jobs are posted starting in August and going throughout the season.
I've applied for a job. How long until I hear from the hiring manager?
Be patient. We receive a lot of applications and it can be difficult to respond to candidates right away. If you don’t hear back immediately, don’t assume that you didn’t get the job, most likely your application just hasn’t been reviewed yet. You can check the status of your application at any time by logging into your profile.
How do I nail my interview?
Interviews and hiring for all departments will be conducted over the phone or through video chat.
To do for the interview:
- Make a Good Impression: We are a ski resort…We aren’t expecting a suit and tie. In the current climate, our teams will typically conduct interviews over the phone or via video chat. For the interview, we recommend being on time and dress/groom appropriately.
- Think about your responses: Research common interview questions and think about how you will answer. When you have prepared, it definitely shows.
- Promote Yourself: Many of our positions are entry-level. Even if you don’t have a lot of experience, show your potential. We are looking for candidates who are hard-working, willing to learn, can arrive at work on time, fulfill the job requirements, and comply with grooming standards.
Can I get a second job?
Yes. Employees are welcome to seek additional employment. There are several options within The Village at Palisades Tahoe, Truckee, CA, and Tahoe City, Ca.We ask that employees work with their managers to make sure a second job does not interfere with their current work schedule.
What kind of work schedule can I expect?
Work schedules vary by department, but almost every position will require you to work weekends and Holidays. Please communicate any schedule requirements or requests for time off as early as possible or at your time of hire.
Does Palisades Tahoe require a pre-employment drug screen?
What is the grooming and appearance policy?
Warming & Welcoming:
What’s inside matters, but so does your appearance. Not only do we expect our employees to come to work dressed in accordance with our appearance and dress code policy, but we also want them to provide service excellence with each and every guest. Making appropriate eye contact and genuinely interacting with our guests are primary examples of authentic service that will inspire adventure. These behaviors are equally as important as how you wear your uniform. Every team member must come ready to work in accordance with the below appearance and dress code policy, ready to inspire adventure with a smile.
General Appearance Expectations:
Dress for success! If your job is does not require a company-issued uniform, you must wear clothing appropriate for the job being performed. The items outlined below are minimal expectations, and your department may have more stringent policies depending on the nature and location of your work. You are expected to use good judgement, and your manager may address violations of our dress code and uniform guidelines with disciplinary measures.
Upon being hired, the full Grooming & Appearance policy will be provided.
Do you provide housing?
No, we do not provide employee housing. We have a very limited number of housing spots available on a first-come first serve basis. However, we do offer housing resources for those relocating to the area. It can be a challenge to find housing in this area so we suggest you research housing options well in advance of moving here.
What kind of perks will I receive?
There are many benefits to working for Palisades Tahoe! You can review a list of perks & benefits here and we will provide you will a full list of perks/benefits upon hire.
J1 WORK & TRAVEL VISA
We have completed all hiring for the winter 22/23 season. Should there be interest in future winter seasons please reach out to our team at email@example.com April for information on the program.
J1 INTERN PROGRAM
Palisades Tahoe offers Exchange Visitors opportunities to work as Interns in our Culinary Program. This program will run for 12 months. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
H2B WORK VISA
If interested in the H2B program for the winter 2022/2023 season with our Food and Beverage team, please contact Sam Ehlers at email@example.com.
If interested in the H2B program for the winter 2022/2023 season with our Ski School team, please contact Tyler King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested in the H2B program for the winter 2022/2023 season with our Ski Team – Race Teams, please contact Kristin Cooksey at email@example.com.
Working at Palisades Tahoe means “inspiring adventure with a smile”. It means being part of a community of passionate adventure-seeking individuals. Here’s what those individuals have to say.
About Our Mountains
“Alpine is all around an amazing mountain for families, locals, and employees! The best resort I've had the pleasure of working with.”
“Alpine is a great mountain with both great guests and employees. I am proud to be a part of it and to help our guests enjoy their experience”
“Amazing mountain, amazing village, amazing people and they are good to their employees.”
About Our Culture
“The ski resort has an amazing culture that includes teamwork, good attitudes and fun.”
“Palisades Tahoe is a wonderful place to work you will end your day in a smile and everyone who you work with is so happy”
About Our Community
“Palisades Tahoe is like a family. The longer you are here the more connected you are. Love it!”
“Such a sense of community - we're all here because of our shared passion!”
“I love the community and sense of belonging one gets through this work.”
About Our Work Environment
“Palisades Tahoe creates a positive work environment like no other. It is a pleasure working here”
“Palisades Tahoe values their employees and it shows. Great environment to work in.”
“Your office is a mountain, how can you beat that?!”
“The way supervisors and managers treat employees in Lift Operation is great, it makes work a really nice experience. Aside from that, the benefits Palisades Tahoe offers are great, and the environment is overall really good.”
“My experience with Race Services has been one of the most fulfilling, exciting, and enjoyable jobs I have ever had! Never been so pleased to work so hard!”
“I've worked for Palisades Tahoe since I was 14 years old (I'll be 24 in a month) and I've had nothing but exceptional work experience here. The people I work with have become my good friends, mentors, and role models. I love the community Palisades Tahoe has provided for me to grow up in and how Palisades Tahoe is helping me build the career path I am on today. I feel nothing but respected, valued and enjoyed as a member of this team.”
See What It Is LikeCheck out the photos from our gallery.
Still Have Questions?
Please contact Human Resources:
firstname.lastname@example.org rich-text, responsive-table