Accessibility at Palisades Tahoe
- Village– two public accessible restrooms are located in the Village. Street signs will direct you to the restrooms.
- Tram– located on the main level of the Tram building, accessible via the ramp on the South side of the building. Restroom is located on the south side of the building on the lobby level.
- O House– three of the four levels of the O House have accessible bathrooms. Only the KT Kitchen/Bar One level does NOT have an ADA bathroom on that level. A permanently mount stair climber is located next to the KT Kitchen (food court) for access to the Pocket Bar level accessible restrooms. Or go out the door onto the KT Deck and in the doors to Pocket Bar
- Plaza Bar– restrooms are located on the other side of the bar.
- Wildflour Level– restrooms are in the back South side corner.
- Pocket Bar/Dave’s Deli– restrooms are up the ramp and to the right.
- Far East Center– East side of Building
- SnoVentures– North side of Building
- High Camp– accessible restrooms are available at High Camp
- Gold Coast- accessible restrooms are available at Gold Coast
- North side of Village access is closest to the Tram, Ticket Sales, O House.
- East side of Village access is closest to Village Check In, Conference Rooms and Village stores.
- South side of Village– access is closest to the Tahoe Truckee Medical Group, Members Looker Room, Funitel and on snow access.
Adaptive Ski Equipment
Instruction - Achieve Tahoe provides instruction and can arrange use of such devices when requested in advance to ensure qualified instructors are available.
Wheelchair Accessible Ticket Window and the Season Pass Office is located across from the Funitel and inside the Tram Building.
All guests interested in accessing the mountain are required to have a lift ticket or season pass.
O House facilities Wildflour Level, KT Kitchen/Bar One Level and Pocket Bar Level are accessible from the walkways. Plaza bar is accessible via the elevator adjacent to the loading dock. A Resort Host can help direct guest to the elevator
Tram lobby is accessible via a ramp on the South side.
High Camp facilities are accessible via several small elevators including access to all F&B outlets. Accessible restrooms are available.
Funitel is accessible entrance is located on the North side of the building off of the pavers. The elevator to access the Funitel loading level is located immediately to the left as you enter the building. A Resort Host can assist you in loading the Funitel.
Gold Coast Complex is accessible at all three levels via an elevator located next to the entrance to Starbucks.
OVL - Corporate Office/Grand Ballroom
The main conference space (Grand Room) located on the second level is accessible via a ramp on the North West corner of the building.
Power Driven Mobility Devices
Palisades Tahoe has determined that the use of any power-driven devices or vehicles by the public on the mountain (including other power-driven mobility devices used by individuals with mobility disabilities), creates an unsafe environment for both the user and the public based on the experiences of other ski resorts and Palisades Tahoe’s experience with motorized equipment on the ski slopes generally and with particular attention to various types of power-driven personal mobility devices. Injuries resulting from the use of such devices on the slopes can be more serious than other types of risks and expose the user and other skiers/snowboarders to a greater risk than non-power driven adaptive devices, particularly in the case of collisions with other skiers and snowboarders. These safety concerns are compounded by our facility’s volume of skiers and snowboarders. These safety requirements are based on actual risks and are not intended to be discriminatory in any way; such devices cannot be used by non-disabled persons as well. Use of most power-driven mobility devices are authorized in the base village area.
The use of any power-driven devices or vehicles by the public on the mountain (including power-driven mobility devices designed solely for use by individuals with disabilities) in summer is not allowed at any time. Palisades Tahoe has determined that the use of such devices creates a substantial risk of not only serious harm to other users of the resort, but also to the immediate environment and natural resources. Due to the need to address soil integrity, erosion and vegetative concerns, Palisades has adopted a “no motorized” policy for the public during the summer season. Use of power-driven mobility devices are authorized in the base village area in the summer.
Service animals are allowed into all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed to go (miniature horses are evaluated on a case by case basis). Palisades Tahoe has determined, based on precedent at other ski and summer resorts and other factors, that it is not a good safety practice to allow service animals on open ski lifts; however, service animals are allowed on the Funitel and Tram, depending on size and other safety concerns.
The allowance of service animals at the resort is subject to two exceptions: (1) the animal is out of control and the animal’s handler does not take effective action to control it; or (2) the animal is not housebroken. A service animal shall have a harness, leash, or other tether, unless either the handler is unable because of a disability to use a harness, leash, or other tether, or the use of a harness, leash, or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work of tasks, in which case the service animal must be otherwise under the handler’s control (e.g. voice control, signals, or other effective means).
Palisades Tahoe is committed to delivering a web experience that provides equal access and opportunity for individuals with disabilities. Website accessibility information is found by following the link at the bottom of every webpage titled “Accessibility.” If you have trouble accessing any part, of our website please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact email@example.com.
We are a proud partner and host of Achieve Tahoe. More information about programs offered by Achieve Tahoe can be found on our website or their site or by calling 530.581.4161. rich-text