Our parking system looks a bit different this season. Join our parking-specific email list to stay up to date. rich-text, responsive-table
- On Monday through Friday, parking is free at both Palisades and Alpine.
- You can just show up on Monday through Friday. Parking will be first come, first served.
- Reservations are NOT required midweek, with the exception of some holiday blackout dates.
On Saturdays, Sundays & Select Holidays Starting in December
- On Saturdays, Sundays, and select holidays, reservations are required.
- FREE parking reservations will be available on Tuesday, November 28th at 12pm and 7pm for the weekend of December 2-3rd.
- Reservations will follow every Tuesday on this schedule for the upcoming weekend for the applicable dates for the remainder of the season.
- You will be able to set up your profile starting Monday, October 30th.
- This is the best option for guests who need to reserve Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays WELL IN ADVANCE.
- Reserve in advance paid parking starting at $30/day will be available for purchase starting Monday, October 30th at 10am PT. All weekend/holiday dates for the season will be available for purchase at this time.
- For example, if you want to ensure a spot for Christmas, you can choose a paid reservation advance when they open in October. Otherwise, you can book a free reservation on the Tuesday beforehand.
how do i make a Reservation?
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Are You Implementing This Parking Program?
How will this parking program help to relieve traffic congestion?
Will I need a reservation every day of the week?
When will the parking lots require a parking reservation?
This winter we will require parking reservations during high-demand periods. We define these high-demand periods as:
- Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Holiday Periods
These dates include:
December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
January 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 27, 28
February 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
March 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
What if I just show up and park but don’t have a parking reservation?
What happens if I make a reservation and don’t show up or cancel?
How can I park for free?
- Make a free parking reservation (More information below) at parkpalisadestahoe.com
- Come Monday – Friday non-holiday (midweek) – NO reservation necessary
- Carpool with a with a friend that has a parking reservation
- Any day after 1pm
- Park and Ride programs from Truckee and Tahoe City, dropoff, TART Connect and Mountaineer within Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows (micro-mass transit)
- Sports Basement Ski Bus
- Stay in the Village (1 car per room)
- Become an employee
Will you have designated spots for free and paid parking reservations?
Why was this change not announced before Ikon Pass went on sale?
What if the resort is closed due to weather on a day I had a reservation?
What if there are road closures due to snow? Can I get a refund?
What if I’m just visiting The Village and not skiing?
Does this apply to Preferred Parking?
How will you manage this new parking system?
When can I start making reservations, and how?
Reserved Paid Parking
All paid parking reservations for the entire season will be made available on our website in the Fall (exact date to be announced) with prices starting at $30 per space. The total reservations that can be held by a guest at any given point in time is 10. As reservations are cancelled or utilized, additional reservations up to the cap of 10 will be automatically available per parking account. Further details regarding the reservation procedure and arrival instructions at the resort will be provided soon.
Reserved Free Parking
Free parking reservations will be released every Tuesday with 50% released at 12:00 p.m. and the remaining 50% released at 7:00 p.m. for the upcoming weekend or holiday period. More information to come on how to book a reservation.
Please Note: Free parking reservations for December 23rd to 31st will open on December 19th. For February 17th to 25th, reservations will be available on February 13th.
What if I don’t get a reservation?
If you do not have a reservation, we do not have a space for you. However, you can try the following options:
- Take public transportation such as TART, TART Connect and Mountaineer for those who are staying in Olympic Valley or Alpine Meadows (link out to resources)
- Park and ride from Tahoe City or Truckee
- Drop off friends or family at designated drop off areas
- Carpool with a friend who already has a reservation
- Sherwood Shuttle for those who are staying or live near the West Shore
- Check back on parkpalisadestahoe.com the day of for last minute availability and cancellations
Will my reservation be base area specific?
If I’m carpooling, where do I park and do I need a reservation?
Thank you for carpooling. Carpool is considered 3+ persons in a vehicle. The vehicle will still require a reservation on weekends and holiday periods. Carpool vehicles are able to park anywhere you like (at the specified base area). Our designated carpool lots are:
- Palisades: main parking lot located North of the Village in front of Auld Dubliner, Gallery Keoki and Alice’s Mountain Market
- Alpine: Two main lots directly in front of Alpine Lodge
How can I cancel my parking reservation?
Is there a cutoff time to make a reservation?
Do you offer a season-long parking pass to park on weekends and holiday periods?
Will there be disabled parking?
If I have a lesson booked with Ski and Ride School, do I need to make a reservation?
If my child is on Ski and Snowboard Teams, do I need a reservation?
What if I am driving a rental vehicle and don’t have my plate information yet to make a reservation?
What if my vehicle does not have a license plate?
Do employees need to make a parking reservation?
What is the cost of paid parking weekends & holiday?
Do I pay at the parking lot or ahead of time online?
Where will revenue from paid parking go?
Traffic and community
Will the reservation slow down traffic?
How will you be monitoring the 3+ persons per vehicle lot?
Can I park on neighboring streets?
What are you going to do besides the reservation system to improve traffic and congestion?
What we are currently doing:
- Message boards on HWY 89
- Busy weekend blogs on what to expect
- Third lane on Olympic Valley Road for ingress and egress
- Employee vanpool
- POW 3+ Parking
- Sherwood Shuttle servicing west shore access to Sherwood lift
- Park and Ride from Truckee and Tahoe City
- Après programming and extended lift operations hours to spread out departure patterns
- Partnering with the Sports Basement Ski Bus to incentivize bus travel from San Francisco Bay Area
Additional programs were looking into for the 23/24 season:
- Enhanced park-&-ride programs from Truckee and Tahoe City
- North Shore Shuttle
- Expanded employee shuttle programs
- Carpool incentives for guests and employees
- Working closely with county, state and federal officials as well as the Truckee North Tahoe Transportation Management Association
What specific things are you doing to improve the Mountaineer shuttle?
Is there any public transportation in Olympic Valley?
Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit provides public transportation busses throughout the Truckee - North Lake Tahoe region and between Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows on select evenings. To view their schedule and FAQs, visit their website.