Use these resources to find a place to live in North Lake Tahoe.
Dormitory-style housing is available on a very limited basis for full-time active Palisades Tahoe employees on a first-come/first-serve basis. Onsite employee housing units are located on Olympic Valley premises and within walking distance to the Village. Basic furnishing and supplies are provided, along with access to a laundry machine and wireless internet.
One requirement for living in employee housing is full time employment at Olympic Valley or Alpine Meadows. Once you have secured a job offer letter, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a housing application. Please keep in mind that spaces in housing are limited and not guaranteed to any employee.
Most of our employees live outside of Employee Housing. Our onsite units are built to be seasonal housing for those new to Palisades Tahoe. The goal is to help new employees get integrated into the Palisades Tahoe community and not meant for long-term solutions. For these reasons, we do recommend that you also look at other housing options as well.
- Craigslist (North Tahoe, Truckee, Reno) *Please be aware of online scams
- Housing Connection (North Tahoe, Truckee)
- Sierra Sun (North Tahoe, Truckee)
- Tahoe City Inn (Tahoe City)
- Tahoe Real Estate Group (North Tahoe)
- Hostel Tahoe (Kings Beach)
- Zillow (North Tahoe, Truckee)
- Tahoe Vistana Inn (Tahoe Vista)
- Whittell Pointe Apartments (Reno)
- Palisades Tahoe Jobs: This is a good group to join to connect with other employees who have available housing and/or to find housemates
- North Tahoe Renters: A Facebook group specifically designated for renting to locals.
Things You Should Know
Distance from Palisades Tahoe to:
- Tahoe City 7.7 mi
- Sunnyside 9.7 mi
- Dollar Point 10.8 mi
- Truckee 11.7 mi
- Carnelian Bay 11.9 mi
- Homewood 13.6 mi
- Tahoe Vista 15.6 mi
- Tahoma 16 mi
- Kings Beach 17 mi
- Incline Village 22.4 mi
- South Lake Tahoe 37 mi
- Deposits: It is common practice to pay a deposit when moving in. You will receive the money back at the end of the lease ONLY if the property is in the same condition as the start of the lease. Security deposits will be provided AFTER participants have left for the season. They will assess housing damage before returning any money! Remember: Clean your rental completely before move out or you can be charged. Remove clothing, food and anything else you may have bought during your stay that was not there when you moved in.
- Rent: Paid monthly, ranging from $400 to $500 per person to share a bedroom
- Utilities: Landlords may or may not include utilities (water, sewer, heat, trash removal) in the total price of your rent. This is a question you should ask before signing a lease. It may be your responsibility to sign up for your own utilities.
- Internet: Most landlords will not provide internet service. If you want to set up internet service, you will need to arrange on your own.
- Phone Service: It is your responsibility to establish home phone or landline service. Most individuals use their personal cell phone. Be aware cell service is not 100% reliable in all locations.