Summer Sweepstakes 2021
Summer Sweepstakes 2021 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR. The “Summer Sweepstakes 2021” is sponsored by Palisades Tahoe (formerly Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows)® Ski Resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley,
CA 96146 (“Sponsor”).
2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Entry Period begins on July 1, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 9 (previously: September 26), 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the date of entry, are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and are at least eighteen (18) years of age. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Alterra Mountain Company, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter or participate. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States and the District of Columbia, and entrants must be present in the United States or District of Columbia at the time they enter.
4. HOW TO ENTER. The purchase of a ticket of any kind for activities at Palisades Tahoe®, is not a requirement to enter the Sweepstakes and the purchase of any such ticket will not increase your odds of winning. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST ENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED.
a. TO ENTER AT A PALISADES TAHOE® TICKET WINDOW: If you provide your email address to Sponsor at a Palisades Tahoe® ticket window during the Entry Period, you will receive an entry in the Sweepstakes.
b. TO ENTER AT SPONSOR‘S WEBSITE: During the Entry Period, visit Sponsor’s Sweepstakes webpage located at https://www.squawalpine.com/footer/sweepstakes and complete the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen instructions.
c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: All entries must be received during the Entry Period. Any person found entering the Sweepstakes using more than one e-mail address will be disqualified. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void. Wireless carrier’s data rates may apply if an entrant enters the Sweepstakes using a mobile device. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, agent and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification activities. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Official Rules (defined below) may be disqualified by Sponsor. Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising the Sweepstakes.
5. WEEKLY PRIZE DRAWINGS; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
a. WEEKLY DRAWING DATES AND CUTOFF TIMES: There are ten (10) (previously: thirteen (13) weekly prize drawings in the Sweepstakes (each a “Weekly Drawing”). Each Weekly Drawing will include one (1) drawing, each for a weekly prize. For each Weekly Drawing, there is a corresponding entry submission cutoff date and time, which is 11:59p.m. PT on each of July 4, 2021; July 11, 2021; July 18, 2021; July 25, 2021; August 1, 2021; August 8, 2021; August 15, 2021; August 22, 2021; August 29, 2021; and September 9, 2021 (previously: September 5, 2021; September 12, 2021; September 19, 2021; and September 26, 2021) ;(each, a “Weekly Entry Period”), as applicable. All eligible entries in the Sweepstakes received by Sponsor in the applicable Weekly Entry Period (including all non-winning eligible entries in the Sweepstakes received during the Entry Period proper to such cutoff date/time) will constitute the pool of entries for the applicable Weekly Drawing. A Weekly Drawing will occur on the Monday following the applicable Weekly Entry Period and the potential winning entrant will be announced at approximately the same time.
b. WEEKLY DRAWING; ODDS: On or about (previously: every Monday starting on) July 5, 2021; July 12, 2021; July 19, 2021; July 26, 2021; August 2, 2021; August 9, 2021; August 16, 2021; August 23, 2021; August 30, 2021; and September 10, 2021 (previously: to September 27),Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winning entrant from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor. The Weekly Drawings will be conducted under Sponsor’s supervision at Sponsor’s offices located in Olympic Valley, California. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. The same entrant cannot win two (2) weeks in a row and in this event a new winning entrant will be drawn.
c. NOTIFICATION: The potential winning entrant of each Weekly Drawing will be notified by email on or about (previously: every Monday starting on) July 5, 2021; July 12, 2021; July 19, 2021; July 26, 2021; August 2, 2021; August 9, 2021; August 16, 2021; August 23, 2021; August 30, 2021; and September 10, 2021(previously: to September 27, 2021) for a total of ten (10) (previously: thirteen (13)) winners. A potential winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (collectively, an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim a prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if a potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor in its place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Sponsor for the applicable Weekly Entry Period will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Sweepstakes schedule. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of a potential winner to receive the required documents for any reason, or for the inability of such potential winner to return the required documents for any reason. Each winner agrees that he/she will not conduct or participate in any media interview regarding their participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize without the express prior written permission of Sponsor.
6. PRIZES. Ten (10) (Previously: Thirteen (13)) Weekly Prizes (One (1) per week only): (1) pair of Aerial Tram tickets. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize is USD $78. A grand prize of a two (2) night stay at The Village at Palisades Tahoe with Aerial Tram tickets for two (2) people (summer) (the “Grand Prize”). Lodging stays must be non-Saturday, non-holiday and are subject to availability and blackout dates. Reservation must be booked thirty (30) days in advance of reservation date and must be used by August 30, 2022. The ARV of the Grand Prize is USD $956. Actual retail value depends on rates at the time of booking; if actual retail value is less that the stated ARV in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or other consideration. Winner and winner's guests must travel on the same itinerary and on dates and at times specified by Sponsor. All prize activities must be taken and completed by August 30, 2022.
The Grand Prize is subject to the following additional requirements and restrictions:
Winner and winner’s guests must travel on the same itinerary and on dates and at times specified by Sponsor. All Grand Prize activities must be taken and completed by August 30, 2022. All reservations are subject to availability and seasonal blackout dates which shall be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to the Grand Prize or the use thereof, including but not limited to airfare, ground transportation, additional lodging, meals, beverages, equipment rentals, lodge/hotel amenities (unless expressly stated as part of the prize), taxes and assessments (including, without limitation, income taxes, departure taxes, ticket taxes and customs user fees), gratuities, insurance, surcharges and other expenses incurred by accepting and using the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner’s guests must, as of the date of travel, be legal residents of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older; provided, that a guest under eighteen (18) years old may accompany the winner, if the winner is the parent or legal guardian of such minor or separate arrangements have been made, at winner’s cost, to bring a parent or legal guardian. Winner’s guests must execute and deliver to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release in the form(s) provided by Sponsor by the date indicated for return on the document(s) as a condition to booking or use of any component of the Grand Prize; which documents must also be executed by the accompanying parent or legal guardian for any minor guest on behalf of such parent or legal guardian and on behalf of the minor guest.
Each prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. Each prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WINNER ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISK OF USING PRIZE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR DEATH. No prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value (including cash) if a prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Unused components of a prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with the prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize. Winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem a prize. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must assume all responsibilities of prize winner. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrants’ and winners’ consent for Sponsor to use an entrant’s or winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, entry, photographs, videos, opinions, statements, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, on the Internet), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further notice, payment, attribution, consideration or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. All entries become the property of Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
9. RELEASE. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant forever and irrevocably RELEASES, DISCHARGES, INDEMNIFIES AND HOLDS HARMLESS, Sponsor, Alterra Mountain Company, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates; any and all persons and entities responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and the employees, officers, directors, owners, representatives, agents, heirs, successors, assigns and insurers of each of them (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against all losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (collectively, “Losses”), arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the entrant’s entries and/or participation in the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, by participating in any activities at Palisades Tahoe), and/or the entrant’s receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes. The foregoing release includes, without limitation, any and all LIABILITY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE to entrant or any third party arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from any prize or the use of any prize, the award, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and entry and participation in the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, by participating in activities at the Palisades Tahoe). Each entrant further COVENANTS NOT TO SUE any of the Releasees with respect to any matter addressed by the foregoing release, or encourage or assist any third party in doing so. This is a complete RELEASE and DISCHARGE of all claims and rights of each entrant against the Releasees and no action will be taken by or on behalf of an entrant with respect to any such claims and rights, it being understood that these Official Rules, including this Section 9, shall be binding upon each entrant, and his/her successors, assignees, subrogors, insurers, heirs, next of kin, executors, representatives, and legal and personal representatives.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of an entry or entry material information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing, uploading or downloading any material to or from Sponsor’s website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s website by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal courts located in the Central District of California or state courts located in Fresno County, California; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of California for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at the Sweepstakes website located at https://www.squawalpine.com/footer/sweepstakes by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Summer Sweepstakes 2021 – Rules Request,” c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
14. WINNERS LIST. To request a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Summer Sweepstakes 2021 - Winners List Request,” c/o PO Box 2007/1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Attn: Marketing Dept. Requests must be received by November 26, 2021.